The health and well-being of our customers and staff is our priority. Here at Sandy's Farm, we are taking extraordinary measures during this current COVID-19 crisis. We have implemented strict cleaning practices and are enforcing strict new shopping rules. Below are our health and safety rules:
. ONLY ONE PERSON PER FAMILY/CAR IS ALLOWED IN THE STORE AT ONCE
(excludes parents with young children, and elders)
· Only fifteen shoppers are permitted into the store at a time.
· Prior to entering the store, each shopper is to stop at store entrance and must sanitize their hands with the hand sanitizer provided and must wait for direction from staff before proceeding
· A minimum 6’ distance is mandatory between staff and other customers in the store at all times
· When in line for checkout, please ensure to stand on the (colour of tape) on the ground to maintain social distancing between other customers
· Each cashier will use their own station and phone and keep them sanitized
· Each cashier will use latex gloves while cashing through customers, and change into clean gloves throughout the day
· Sandy’s Farm Employees are not permitted to work if they are not well. Likewise, customers are asked to refrain from visiting Sandy’s Farm if they are unwell
We will continue to secure a strong health and safety plan and modify as necessary going forward. Let’s all work together, keep clean & keep safe.
The Policy applies in any enclosed store space which is open to the public and where customers interact with one another or staff members. It does not apply to outdoor areas such as our outdoor plant section.
For the purpose of this Policy, a “Face Covering” means a non-medical mask or face covering such as a bandana, scarf or cloth (including a hijab and niqab) that covers the mouth and nose.
All staff must use their best efforts to prevent anyone from entering the premises if the person is not wearing a Face Covering. If we see a person entering the premises without a Face Covering, we will advise the person of this requirement. Please ensure that everyone uses the hand sanitizer before entering the premises and remind them of the need to maintain a distance of 6 feet from any other person.
If the person refuses to wear a Face Covering, we may still let them enter the premises.
The following individuals are exempt from the requirement of wearing a Face Covering:
· Children under 5 years of age
· Anyone who cannot wear a Face Covering because of a medical condition
· Anyone who cannot place or remove a Face Covering without assistance
· Anyone who refuses to wear a Face Covering based on any ground in the Human Rights Code.
If anyone states that they cannot wear a Face Covering because of any of the above reasons, we may accept their explanation and not require them to explain further or require proof.
If we see anyone in the premises who has removed their Face Covering for an extended period, we will remind them that the Face Covering should be worn.
Note that Face Coverings may be removed temporarily for the following purposes:
· receiving services that would require temporary removal;
· consuming food or drink;
· for any emergency or medical purpose;
· while actively engaging in an athletic or fitness activity including water-based activities.
Should you require additional information, please contact York Region Public Health at 1-800-361-5653). Visit york.ca/covid19for additional information and resources.