1 lb asparagus not too thick
2 large garlic cloves
fresh cracked black pepper
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
3 oz shaved Parmesan cheese thicker shave
- Preheat oven to 425° and lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet that’s big enough to fit asparagus in one even layer.
- Wash, dry, and trim thick light ends off asparagus.
- Spread asparagus in the baking sheet, drizzle it with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and press garlic cloves and then rub asparagus with pressed garlic, spreading olive oil and seasoning at the same time.
- Lay out coated asparagus in one even layer but close enough together so the cheese can be spread on top evenly.
- Spread shaved Parmesan cheese over asparagus and bake for 10-12 minutes.